Pistachios and Chiropractic: 2 Ways to A Healthier Heart
April 23, 2012
(click here for a 2-page .pdf of this newsletter)
Heart Disease and High Blood Pressure: The Facts
- More than 616,000 people died of heart disease in 2008, causing nearly 1 in 4 deaths.
- Every year about 785,000 Americans have a first heart attack while another 470,000 will have a repeat heart attack.
- Heart disease alone cost the United States nearly $109 billion in 2010
- High blood pressure is also a major risk factor for stroke, congestive heart failure, and kidney disease
- High blood pressure cost the United States $93.5 billion in 2010.
Fortunately, both a dietary change AND a lifestyle change can help your heart: Pistachios and Chiropractic
A recent review of pistachios cite a number of healthy ingredients:
have lower calories than other nuts:
and have received a health claim from the FDA on heart disease:
A recent review of chiropractic care for high blood pressure showed an overall "minimal clinical benefit", with significant decreases like in this 2007 study:
As chiropractic may alter blood circulation and affect both the nervous system and kidney function:
Email (PitchingDoc@msn.com) or call (631-352-7654)